Friday, May 11, 2018

Holmes times

The door. And a bunch of keys. And me not knowing which key is the key to that door. Interesting. There are two ways that one can suss out which is the right key to a door. One, try all the keys. Two, look at the keys and the door and try to deduce which is the best key. But of course, being a bit dense, I start by using every probable key in the door. But the door does not yield. The bunch holds about 40 keys and so you can very well understand how much time I shall take with that dense process. So, move to the second process. I take the whole bunch of keys with all the smaller rings branching out of the large wired up ring. I keep looking at it. I try and invoke my inner Sherlock Holmes. It would be a lone key on an individual ring away from the three sets of keys for each door within the villa. One key. I look closely. There's one key. My inner cam zooms in. Three smudges on the top side of the key. People have used this key a lot. The indentations also have minor discolorations. The levers were popped by those indentations before. Zoom out. Behind me Missus is zooming in her camera onto my backside. I don't know why fun people have when others are busy in creative tasks. I take that key and plug in. Thaack. Success. New resolve. I will invoke my inner Sherlock Holmes more. As I am standing in my lift an hour later with some palak bunches in hand, I invoke the keen sense of smell Holmes might have had. It's a lady's scent and a vanilla essence. It means a lady has gone up onto some floor with a birthday cake. There's a birthday happening somewhere. I am congratulating self as I leave the lift on my floor. A food delivery guy and a lady who's probably house help somewhere are waiting for the same lift. The scent is fragrant as I pass her. Obviously, he came to deliver the cake. Holmes is nonsense.

No comments: