Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Men should drink tea slowly and show unity, with me!

Drink your tea! I receive Missus's admonishment. Again. It's a daily affair. Why would anyone admonish my speed of drinking tea? I am feeling very attacked about this. It's right from childhood that this kind of thing is happening. Ma used to sit at the dining table and bark about drinking the water immediately after dinner. Later in life, health experts pounced on me and barked that drinking water after the dinner immediately isn't great at all. Who do I believe, health experts or Ma? Now this tea business. I should be at liberty to have tea whenever I want. It's like CPM at home. Yeah, CPM. Those guys used to tell me how I shouldn't walk on the sidewalk as that's where the party affiliated hawkers association used to put up their stalls. Then, they used to tell me how I couldn't admonish their affiliated members at work. I could only write to the party and request them to look into the staff issues. No admonishing. Who do I write to about the admonishment now? Mom-in-law just guffaws at me. It's like you have spent so many years together, ab Kya!! I cannot go to the daughter. Rolling eyes. Slow shake of head. Quietness. That will be result. I am feeling very "Bangladesh" type. Last ball six type. Nearly won the game but now well played type. Like Indian Hockey team. Goes down fighting. For the whole of childhood we were subjected to "goes down fighting". It's gone into our DNA. It's why we cannot win any battle with Missus now. She's taken the tray and standing with it challenging me to finish the rest of the tea fast as she wants to clear it off right then and there. It's a duel. We are eyeballing each other. I know I will lose. There's no precedence. No man has won this duel. Even on moon we will not win. Armstrong only won by stepping on to moon. Let the first woman walk out there. Armstrong will have no arm left. I challenge. Neither there will be any strength left. I double challenge. I am going to change the adage "behind a successful man there's a woman". It will be: Behind a man there are some women who talk, bark, admonish and eyeball right from childhood to keep him straight so that the guy goes and does something useful and pertinent. Including drinking tea.

No comments: